Zoom 5.4.3 (54779.1115) / 5.5.4 (13142.0301) Information Disclosure
Sven
2021-03-22 15:47:28 UTC
2021/03/22 15:08:10 GMT

Zoom versions 5.4.3 (54779.1115) and 5.5.4 (13142.0301) temporarily shares other
application windows not in scope for sharing.

https://packetstormsecurity.com/files/161897/SYSS-2020-044.txt

-- Sven
Michael P. O'Connor
2021-07-09 11:54:22 UTC
Post by Sven
2021/03/22 15:08:10 GMT
Zoom versions 5.4.3 (54779.1115) and 5.5.4 (13142.0301) temporarily
shares other application windows not in scope for sharing.
https://packetstormsecurity.com/files/161897/SYSS-2020-044.txt
-- Sven
This is what VM's are for. When I was required to use Zoom, I set up a VM
for it. And all that was installed was a mail client (connected to an
email address that not my main one) and Zoom. let zoom share everything
it sees on the computer, nothing of value on that VM.
opal hart
2021-07-27 02:22:03 UTC
On Fri, 09 Jul 2021 11:54:22 GMT
Post by Michael P. O'Connor
This is what VM's are for. When I was required to use Zoom, I set up a VM
for it. And all that was installed was a mail client (connected to an
email address that not my main one) and Zoom. let zoom share everything
it sees on the computer, nothing of value on that VM.
Thank God I have always been able to weasel my way out of using Zoom so
far. And with COVID lockdown shit clearing up (at least in my area)
it's even easier to justify meeting in-person for appointments.

For remote work though, it surprises me just how many software
companies (moreso when it's a free-software organisation) insist on
relying on platforms such as Zoom.