No one is flaming my froup anymore.
Robert James
2022-08-31 18:30:35 UTC
Is Usenet really dead? Also why the heck are FacePalm and TwitHead worth
billions upon billions of dollars;, when Gab, Parler and Truth Social can
rip off some open source social network that does the exact same thing?
--
I am the true champion of all existence, and shudder the petulant worm who
dares darken my brain with ridicule!
David Brooks
2022-09-01 07:27:45 UTC
Post by Robert James
Is Usenet really dead? Also why the heck are FacePalm and TwitHead worth
billions upon billions of dollars;, when Gab, Parler and Truth Social can
rip off some open source social network that does the exact same thing?
What are you /really/ concerned about?

You haven't made it clear.
rek2 hispagatos
2022-09-03 17:11:31 UTC
I do not think usenet is dead, is actually having a comeback from people
tired of bloated http, new protocols like gemini and old gopher along
usenet are getting more users and less spam.
Post by Robert James
Is Usenet really dead? Also why the heck are FacePalm and TwitHead worth
billions upon billions of dollars;, when Gab, Parler and Truth Social can
rip off some open source social network that does the exact same thing?
--
{gemini,https}://{,rek2.}hispagatos.org
https://hispagatos.space/@rek2
Robert James
2022-09-04 19:07:28 UTC
Post by Robert James
Is Usenet really dead? Also why the heck are FacePalm and TwitHead
worth billions upon billions of dollars;, when Gab, Parler and Truth
Social can rip off some open source social network that does the
exact same thing?
Top replying (default for email clients) kinda breaks the thread, but no
worries - just strange slrn (a real newsreader) would do that.

Mastodon, that is what I was thinking off! Love your server rules:

1) No Nazis or Alt-Right... in fact no Right-Wing at all.
2) No NSA/GCHQ/CSE or the other "down-under/big-two" employees.
3) Anti-Stalinist left only.
4) No Bastersters that create currency out of thin air, nor bank robbers.
5) No links to modern websites.

It's alright you closed registrations, other than the server's trans policy
(Bailey Jay is an attractive woman, BTW)... I'm not sure it's for me ;)
rek2 hispagatos
2022-09-04 19:32:18 UTC
hehe to each their own, but the wording of how you put it here from what
is actually wrote is kind of different
https://hispagatos.space/about/more
and I still fail to see the no currency and bankrobbers part :)
and is not "no moderm websites" is no websites that poison you with
trackers and are not open for us to read the code and actually know that
what they claim is true.
Saying that is just one node out of thousands, each node is focused on a
couple topics, such what makes it good, still they all are
interconnected, we are focused on hacking and anarchism, there is for
example another group of cool folks that have hackers.town and they have
their own policies etc..
Cheers.

Happy Hacking
ReK2
rek2 hispagatos
2022-09-04 19:34:34 UTC
Ops sorry forgot to add to my last msg why is closed, unfortunately we
do not have a lot of money to have huge disk space,
so we had to closed down when tons of people moved away from
twitter, and for some reason, all of the sudem everyone is an anarchist
hacker, we had to closed down because we cant upgrade the server.