Trying to reach out nicely!
Shadow
2019-04-01 02:13:30 UTC
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 23:34:32 +0100, David in Devon
I cannot in all honesty relate to those 'persona' on Usenet who
cannot/will not provide/display evidence of who they really are.
Usenet was designed to be anonymous. If you can't accept that
pretend you're a moderator and *BAN* yourself..
Only fools "provide/display evidence of who they really are".

<https://web.archive.org/web/20190318192230/https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php>

You never explained why you have over 20 fake nyms. Multiple
personalities, effects of alcohol (can't remember) or a reluctance to
"provide/display evidence of who you really are" ?
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
David in Devon
2019-04-01 07:43:09 UTC
Post by Shadow
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 23:34:32 +0100, David in Devon
I cannot in all honesty relate to those 'persona' on Usenet who
cannot/will not provide/display evidence of who they really are.
Usenet was designed to be anonymous. If you can't accept that
pretend you're a moderator and *BAN* yourself..
Only fools "provide/display evidence of who they really are".
If you say so!

*You can’t be anonymous on Usenet*

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2739350
Post by Shadow
You never explained why you have over 20 fake nyms. Multiple
personalities, effects of alcohol (can't remember) or a reluctance to
"provide/display evidence of who you really are" ?
I'm actually quite proud of who I am! :-)

Oh well, got to go refit my fenders, then help get the boat back into
the water and do a pumpout, fill the diesel, plus my emergency can, get
some coal for the stove because it got bloody cold again last night and
there's a frost on everything this morning, then I have to water up, pay
my bills, tidy around the boat, put the laundry on and chug down to
Tesco's...

Ahhhh..... boatlife eh ?

--
My m8 said that! ;-)

Ask HIM about me, Shadow.

Or simply look me up on LinkedIn.
Shadow
2019-04-01 13:08:49 UTC
On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 08:43:09 +0100, David in Devon
Post by David in Devon
Post by Shadow
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 23:34:32 +0100, David in Devon
I cannot in all honesty relate to those 'persona' on Usenet who
cannot/will not provide/display evidence of who they really are.
Usenet was designed to be anonymous. If you can't accept that
pretend you're a moderator and *BAN* yourself..
Only fools "provide/display evidence of who they really are".
If you say so!
*You can’t be anonymous on Usenet*
<CUT_POSSIBLY_MALICIOUS_LINK>
Only if you post using your RL details.
Post by David in Devon
Post by Shadow
You never explained why you have over 20 fake nyms. Multiple
personalities, effects of alcohol (can't remember) or a reluctance to
"provide/display evidence of who you really are" ?
I'm actually quite proud of who I am!
Which nym are you proud of, or can't you remember ?

David in Devon
2019-04-01 13:24:03 UTC
Post by David in Devon
Post by Shadow
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 23:34:32 +0100, David in Devon
I cannot in all honesty relate to those 'persona' on Usenet who
cannot/will not provide/display evidence of who they really are.
Usenet was designed to be anonymous. If you can't accept that
pretend you're a moderator and *BAN* yourself..
Only fools "provide/display evidence of who they really are".
If you say so!
*You can’t be anonymous on Usenet*
https://www.ivpn.net/privacy-guides/adversaries-and-anonymity-systems-the-basics
Only if you post using your RL details.
That's simply untrue. <shrug>

Introduction

Living in today’s interconnected world has brought with it significant
advantages. Most apparently, the velocity of communication and
information interchange has opened new avenues for the propagation of
ideas and new businesses in ways that were in the domain of science
fiction only a few generations ago. However, along with the benefits
this new world provides, there are significant new challenges raised.
The same technology that allows families to communicate in realtime
across continents also enables widespread cataloguing of those
conversations’ contents. The same technology that allows online
retailers to customize your shopping experiences in such a way as to
give you exactly what you want from the comfort of your own home also
allows data clearinghouses to form a highly detailed profile of you,
including not only information you have provided but also private facts
about yourself that they can statistically deduce with startling
accuracy based on the massive amounts of consumer data they hold.

Privacy vs Anonymity

This complex system that we find ourselves in demands precision of
thought and language to ensure that we are able to achieve our
individual privacy goals. It is therefore important to analyze and
differentiate between two different, though closely intertwined notions:
privacy vs. anonymity.

Privacy

Privacy lies at the intersection of two fundamental social notions:
control and trust. That is, who has control over information about you,
and do you trust him or her to keep that information secret? When a
student enters university, he knows that the university will be
cataloging his performance in class. That catalogue of performance can
function as a proxy for the student’s intelligence, his work ethic, or
even just his interest (or lack thereof) in a given field of study. This
is intimate data about an individual that a person rightfully would like
to be kept private. Unfortunately for the student, he lacks control of
this data – it exists in his university’s database. However, due to
local laws and contractual obligations, the student knows that the
university would face substantial sanctions and liability were it to
reveal his private data to others without his prior authorization.

Trust

Because of these safeguards, the student has “trust” that his private
information will be protected by the university; their interests are
aligned with his through threat of consequence. The student then can say
that his grades or marks at university are still “private.” The fact of
the matter is that we face situations like this every day. We often are
coerced, either out of convenience, law, or some other force, into
giving up some element of control over our private information. In the
case of our student above, the only way for him to receive some sort of
certification as to his confidence in a given field is to submit to the
system of the university. Usually this is marked with some assurances
that the information will only be used for agreed-upon purposes: we
enter a trust relationship with the entity to whom we give control of
our information. Unfortunately, many of these entities have shown
themselves to be less than trustworthy. Whether it is governments
wiretapping its own citizens without following the legal requirements to
do so, or your ISP selling your browsing history to marketers and
data-collectors, it becomes apparent that an individual cannot trust
those to whom he is coerced into giving control of his private information.

Anonymity

We are now faced with a predicament: how do we maintain our privacy when
we are forced to give up control of our private information and we know
that we cannot trust the entities to whom we give the information? Here
is where the idea of anonymity comes into play. Consider a political
dissident posting blog entries that are critical of the regime currently
in control of his nation. In any nation, it can be assumed that there is
at a subset of the population that does not support the current
leadership, this is not the significant problem. The difficulty comes
into play when the dissident’s ISP provides the government with log data
tying the blog post to his home internet connection. If he could somehow
bifurcate his physical-world identity from his blog entries, then the
fact that he cannot trust his ISP ceases to be relevant. This could be
as simple as using open wifi access points from which to make his posts,
but this can be risky as one tries to avoid patterns of access that cou
ld give clues to one’s identity.
Post by Shadow
Post by David in Devon
Post by Shadow
You never explained why you have over 20 fake nyms. Multiple
personalities, effects of alcohol (can't remember) or a reluctance to
"provide/display evidence of who you really are" ?
I'm actually quite proud of who I am!
Which nym are you proud of, or can't you remember ?
Probably this one:-

https://community.dynamics.com/members/bdontj

The linkedIn link 'works! :-)

D.
Shadow
2019-04-01 17:57:18 UTC
On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 14:24:03 +0100, David in Devon
Post by David in Devon
Post by Shadow
Post by David in Devon
I'm actually quite proud of who I am!
Which nym are you proud of, or can't you remember ?
Probably this one:-
bdontj
Why use all the other nyms, then ?

<http://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php>
[]'s
Shadow
2019-04-01 17:58:24 UTC
Post by David in Devon
Post by Shadow
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 23:34:32 +0100, David in Devon
I cannot in all honesty relate to those 'persona' on Usenet who
cannot/will not provide/display evidence of who they really are.
Usenet was designed to be anonymous. If you can't accept that
pretend you're a moderator and *BAN* yourself..
Only fools "provide/display evidence of who they really are".
If you say so!
*You can’t be anonymous on Usenet*
https://www.ivpn.net/privacy-guides/adversaries-and-anonymity-systems-the-basics
Only if you post using your RL details.
That's simply untrue.
In your own words, why ?

John McWilliams
2019-04-01 22:30:30 UTC
too many xposts.
David in Devon
2019-04-02 11:48:57 UTC
Post by David in Devon
Post by Shadow
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 23:34:32 +0100, David in Devon
I cannot in all honesty relate to those 'persona' on Usenet who
cannot/will not provide/display evidence of who they really are.
Usenet was designed to be anonymous. If you can't accept that
pretend you're a moderator and *BAN* yourself..
Only fools "provide/display evidence of who they really are".
If you say so!
*You can’t be anonymous on Usenet*
https://www.ivpn.net/privacy-guides/adversaries-and-anonymity-systems-the-basics
Only if you post using your RL details.
That's simply untrue.
In your own words, why ?
Each and every post I make is being monitored. Everyone who responds to
me is 'investigated' and their are details logged.

You should never have taken me to be a fool, Shadow.
I'm not a fool..... and I have some high-ranking contacts! ;-)

D.
Shadow
2019-04-02 16:18:05 UTC
Post by David in Devon
Post by Shadow
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 23:34:32 +0100, David in Devon
I cannot in all honesty relate to those 'persona' on Usenet who
cannot/will not provide/display evidence of who they really are.
Usenet was designed to be anonymous. If you can't accept that
pretend you're a moderator and *BAN* yourself..
Only fools "provide/display evidence of who they really are".
If you say so!
*You can’t be anonymous on Usenet*
https://www.ivpn.net/privacy-guides/adversaries-and-anonymity-systems-the-basics
Only if you post using your RL details.
That's simply untrue.
In your own words, why ?
Each and every post I make is being monitored. Everyone who responds to
me is 'investigated' and their are details logged.
They only monitor CRIMINALS.
Post by David in Devon
You should never have taken me to be a fool, Shadow.
Why act as if you are one ? You've posted DETAILS of your
criminal activity over and over again. You DO realize that posting
copyrighted material, stalking, opening bogus social media sites to
smear people's names are all CRIMES, right ?
Post by David in Devon
I'm not a fool..... and I have some high-ranking contacts!
Top shelf whiskey, huh ?
Don't drink it all at once.

David in Devon
2019-04-02 18:44:22 UTC
Post by David in Devon
Post by Shadow
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 23:34:32 +0100, David in Devon
I cannot in all honesty relate to those 'persona' on Usenet who
cannot/will not provide/display evidence of who they really are.
Usenet was designed to be anonymous. If you can't accept that
pretend you're a moderator and *BAN* yourself..
Only fools "provide/display evidence of who they really are".
If you say so!
*You can’t be anonymous on Usenet*
https://www.ivpn.net/privacy-guides/adversaries-and-anonymity-systems-the-basics
Only if you post using your RL details.
That's simply untrue.
In your own words, why ?
Each and every post I make is being monitored. Everyone who responds to
me is 'investigated' and their are details logged.
They only monitor CRIMINALS.
Yes, they ARE monitoring YOUR posts, Shadow.
Post by Shadow
Post by David in Devon
You should never have taken me to be a fool, Shadow.
Why act as if you are one ? You've posted DETAILS of your
criminal activity over and over again. You DO realize that posting
copyrighted material, stalking, opening bogus social media sites to
smear people's names are all CRIMES, right ?
Yes, I do know now. Thank you for helping me to understand.
Post by Shadow
Post by David in Devon
I'm not a fool..... and I have some high-ranking contacts!
Top shelf whiskey, huh ?
Don't drink it all at once.
I stopped drinking Whisky (note correct English spelling) over a year
ago. I've enjoyed no other kind of alcohol either. No beer; no wine. *NONE*.
--
David B.
Devon, UK
Diesel
2019-04-02 22:37:13 UTC
Post by Shadow
Post by David in Devon
You should never have taken me to be a fool, Shadow.
Why act as if you are one ? You've posted DETAILS of your
criminal activity over and over again. You DO realize that
posting copyrighted material, stalking, opening bogus social
media sites to smear people's names are all CRIMES, right ?
Yes, I do know now. Thank you for helping me to understand.
Your sarcasm needs some work, David.
Post by David in Devon
Post by Shadow
Top shelf whiskey, huh ?
Don't drink it all at once.
I stopped drinking Whisky (note correct English spelling) over a
year ago. I've enjoyed no other kind of alcohol either. No beer;
no wine. *NONE*.
It's sad that you have to keep repeating that, isn't it? Shame that
your word isn't sufficient that you'd only have to mention it once
and people accept it as being true. Due to your past and continued
present activities though, I doubt anyone? believes you by default
now, without substantial proof. Your credibility is in ruins, so your
word holds no value on it's own. It's a place holder, only.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Diesel
2019-04-02 22:37:12 UTC
Post by David in Devon
Post by Shadow
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 23:34:32 +0100, David in Devon
I cannot in all honesty relate to those 'persona' on Usenet
who cannot/will not provide/display evidence of who they
really are.
Usenet was designed to be anonymous. If you can't accept that
pretend you're a moderator and *BAN* yourself..
Only fools "provide/display evidence of who they really are".
If you say so!
*You can’t be anonymous on Usenet*
https://www.ivpn.net/privacy-guides/adversaries-and-anonymity-s
ystems-the-basics
Only if you post using your RL details.
That's simply untrue.
In your own words, why ?
Each and every post I make is being monitored. Everyone who
responds to me is 'investigated' and their are details logged.
What is the thickness on the tinfoil you're using for your hat,
David?
Post by David in Devon
You should never have taken me to be a fool, Shadow.
I'm not Shadow, and can only speak for myself, but I know you're a
very ignorant fool on a variety of subjects, but not a fool as a
whole. And I've never taken you for an outright fool, either.

I seriously doubt Shadow or anyone else has, for that matter. I
really don't think at this point any regular or even newbie to you
doesn't see things for what they are.

You have no respect of any kind for others. You feel it's your god
given right to know anything/everything you possibly can. For some
reason, you think usenet/web forums are supposed to be some friendly
and inviting place and you shouldn't be turned away, ever, for any
reason. And, anyone who dares do so has something to hide in your
rather odd perception of the online world.
Post by David in Devon
I'm not a fool..... and I have some high-ranking contacts! ;-)
In many ways you're quite a fool, but, that being stated, you're
perfectly aware of what you've been doing for well over a decade,
and, you've always know it wasn't okay. No aspect of your typical
behavior has ever been okay.
--
When working with electronics, my best advice is to do whatever it
takes to prevent the smoke from leaking out of the components.
correctly!
Mike_Duffy
2019-10-01 00:59:57 UTC
Post by David in Devon
You should never have taken me to be a fool, Shadow.
I'm not Shadow, and can only speak for myself, but I know
Hi Diesel. I dropped this group several (?) months ago, and just stopped by
to see how things are going.

Not much has changed. BD is still harassing dead people, tilting at the
windmills of whoever stiffed him a few hundred Euros during the previous
millenium. The anon coward(s) are still posting from the dark places they
hide in. Pooh is still raining his unique flavour of charm on us.

On the other hand, it looks like BTJ finally choked on some of his
invictive or maybe otherwise offed himself. Sure, you can say what you want
about him, but he did almost guarantee an entertaining diversion.

Note: Xposts cut to 3 groups as per ES limit.
Diesel
2019-10-21 05:27:16 UTC
Post by Mike_Duffy
Post by David in Devon
You should never have taken me to be a fool, Shadow.
I'm not Shadow, and can only speak for myself, but I know
Hi Diesel. I dropped this group several (?) months ago, and just
stopped by to see how things are going.
Not much has changed. BD is still harassing dead people, tilting
at the windmills of whoever stiffed him a few hundred Euros during
the previous millenium. The anon coward(s) are still posting from
the dark places they hide in. Pooh is still raining his unique
flavour of charm on us.
On the other hand, it looks like BTJ finally choked on some of his
invictive or maybe otherwise offed himself. Sure, you can say what
you want about him, but he did almost guarantee an entertaining
diversion.
Oh, you missed this too:

OUAT onceuponatime BD mistreated/used various public personae,
then/now Diesel bullies BD (and others), now various mail2news
anonymizer/s bully Diesel.

That's a post from Mike Easter. :) Ayep, accusing me of bullying
David Brooks. crazy isn't it?
I'll be Bach! --Johann Sebastian Schwarzenegger
Robert James
2020-01-05 08:14:59 UTC
Comrade Mike_Duffy committed a subversive act of "Sluggish
Post by Mike_Duffy
Post by David in Devon
You should never have taken me to be a fool, Shadow.
I'm not Shadow, and can only speak for myself, but I know
Hi Diesel. I dropped this group several (?) months ago, and just
stopped by to see how things are going.
Not much has changed. BD is still harassing dead people, tilting at
the windmills of whoever stiffed him a few hundred Euros during the
previous millenium. The anon coward(s) are still posting from the dark
places they hide in. Pooh is still raining his unique flavour of charm
on us.
On the other hand, it looks like BTJ finally choked on some of his
invictive or maybe otherwise offed himself. Sure, you can say what you
want about him, but he did almost guarantee an entertaining diversion.
Note: Xposts cut to 3 groups as per ES limit.
With Obnoxious Sad Fatter gone, I think I am the only kid my age that
even knows what the hell Usenet newsgroups even are. I tell people it's
kind of like Twitter, but without Donald Trump!
--
I think Mr. Putin has a very nice neck...

David
2020-01-05 08:48:20 UTC
On 05/01/2020 08:14, Robert James wrote in my group.

NOTHING on line is secret!

I like your video, Robert. :-)

http://youtu.be/PUpabCWF-Dc
Robert James
2020-01-05 10:34:44 UTC
Post by David
On 05/01/2020 08:14, Robert James wrote in my group.
NOTHING on line is secret!
I like your video, Robert. :-)
http://youtu.be/PUpabCWF-Dc
And thank you for the kind YouTube comment and subscription; I will not be
uploading any more videos to that channel - I made my point. Anyways I am
staying out of Abusenet's flamewars... I have to be a good boy now! Mike
Corley (the MI-5 Persecution spammer) is watching me. ;)

PS: This use to be "my group".
--
I think Mr. Putin has a very nice neck...
http://youtu.be/PUpabCWF-Dc
David
2020-01-05 12:53:59 UTC
Post by Robert James
Post by David
NOTHING on line is secret!
I like your video, Robert. :-)
http://youtu.be/PUpabCWF-Dc
And thank you for the kind YouTube comment and subscription; I will not be
uploading any more videos to that channel - I made my point.
YW :-D
Post by Robert James
Anyways I am staying out of Abusenet's flamewars... I have to be a >
good boy now! Mike Corley (the MI-5 Persecution spammer) is watching me.

Someone is *ALWAYS* watching!
Post by Robert James
PS: This used to be "my group".
Alt.2600 was YOUR group - 'acw' is MY group!

Have a grand day, Robert! :-)
--
David